Friday, January 4, 2013

The question to ask..

'Did you enjoy your story so far?'
I came across this line somewhere, and as weird lines usually go, it got stuck in my head. It's up on a post-it note in my laptop.
Anyhow, did I? Well, I don't know, maybe. Did I get what I always wanted? Is that essential for enjoying my story, and what was it that I wanted anyway? And that thing(s) I want, is it the same as what I really need, or for that matter what I already have, or worse still, something I had in the past but no longer have? Will all these thoughts ever arrive at the same dot? I would like to know.

Coming back to the story...Should it be just my story or the story of all the people who have been a part of my life? Maybe both of those together, but it will be a very long one then. For I have always lived two different lives - one in this body and the other in my mind. The latter has definitely been more interesting, because it has been a secret, the happy maelstrom in my imagination. I wonder if the latter has ever been revealed to the rest of the world. Could it be my alter ego they have seen cavorting about every time I have allowed myself to get drenched in the ambrosia...Well, it has been interesting, very much so...

No comments:

Post a Comment